Thursday, April 21, 2011

I love my job! I say that a lot on here (and in life), but it's true. And my biggest fear for Rory and her adjustment was alleviated when I arrived to pick her up today and found this:

The wee one is adjusting! Yes, she was upset when I left her, but then she got to eat yummy food and play games and meet people and passed out on Carrie.  She cheered up pretty quickly after I left this morning. Such a relief!

Because I LOVE my job. I love working downtown and living in the suburbs, because I get the best of both worlds. I get to walk to lunch and look at the buildings and architecture and be part of the busy-ness. I get to grab a cocktail and have a quick happy hour at some cute new hot spot. I get to wear heels and cute clothes. And then I get to go home and play in my garden and sit on my deck and have a house with space (which needs to be cleaned) and make dinner and read stories and practice stacking blocks. Everything feels in its right spot! Rory's adjusting was the one thing that could keep it from happening long term, and look at that! She's having fun!




No comments: