Monday, July 4, 2011

Oh, man! You must feel neglected over here. Here's a catch up:

Currently, my moronic neighbors are trying to catch the entire neighborhood on fire with illegal fireworks. I am seething. I called the cops once, it cooled down long enough for Rory to get to sleep, but they're back at it, and I am rocking a crazy headache. And I want to punch them. However, I am debilitatingly passive aggressive sometimes, and this is one of those moments. I like those neighbors, I don't want them to be mad at me, nor do I want my yard or back fence on fire. Conundrum. My terrified dog is hiding under my legs.

We took Rory to the zoo for the first time today. She really enjoyed the arboretum and feeding sheep. It was insanely hot and muggy, but we got out and did it! We spent four hours there and missed a third of the zoo. It's huge.

The day before that we went to KC Riverfest with some friends (I had free tix through work). The fireworks were legal and professionally done. Brilliant. Rory did a great job, especially since she was up really late for her. She chattered and clapped and smiled at the fireworks. Really good baby!

We also went to see Elvis Costello last week. We had dinner at the Reiger then walked over. Our VIP tickets were DEFINITELY worth it. Besides the great parking, free pizza and snacks, better bathrooms, and free bottled water, I was 10 feet away from Elvis all night. I got an (overpriced) t-shirt. He played for two hours. It was bliss.

Next up for us? Ryan is going to Vegas for a work conference. William Shatner is the keynote and I am crazy jealous. But, instead of spending $300 to join him, I am using the money to get my carpets professionally cleaned (my steamer leave soap behind, and the carpets get really dirty crazy fast) and replace our garbage disposal. I am truly a grown up.

Later this month we are driving to Chicago with some friends to stay with another friend and go to the US National Air Guitar Championship. There's a documentary on Netflix called Air Guitar Nation, if you're interested. I haven't seen the documentary, but air guitar is the most amazing blend of theatrics and silliness. I love it.

After that we heading to Mexico for my brother's wedding! I am really excited, it's Ryan and I's first vacation alone since Rory was born. That and we tend to overdo it on vacations, too many touristy things. This time we aren't scheduling much of anything. We plan to go back to the Chichen Itza cause we loved it and didn't have time to see the whole thing (and I'd like to get Rory a cartouche with her name on it like mine).

After Mexico it's time to plan my birthday! :D

No comments: