We gave it a solid 8 months, learned to cook differently, found new things we liked. But I can't take it anymore. It was fine when I wasn't working and I could spend time cooking, but now I can't, and I'm not willing to spend all my free time cooking.
And to be honest, several of my friends have been kind of annoying about it. Whether being mocked or just teased if I eat anything NOT vegan when I go out, no matter how many times I explained we only did vegan at home, nobody was especially supportive about it (except other vegasaurs).
It is REALLY nice to have an everything bagel with vegetable cream cheese for breakfast that didn't involve 1) making my own bagels 2) buying tofu cream cheese and then 3) chopping up veggies into said cream cheese. It's also nice to make a sandwich to take to work. Tofurkey is super expensive and I don't especially like it (or rice cheese), so I ended up spending a lot of money eating out when I work.
It was a fabulous experience, there are still lots of recipes I like. I definitely recommend it to people who are curious to try it. It's a learning experience. And now I'm finding myself more likely to get a salad when I go out to eat with with people, since it's not a treat to get something with dairy in it anymore.
The big change all of this is having on Rory is pretty evident. Now that cheese and yogurt are in her diet, the new bacterias are wreaking havoc on her little system. We've never had so many diaper explosions and other parenting treasures. Poor kid, hope she balances out soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment