Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hey hey! Long time no posting. Sorry about that. It's been a little nutsy over here. Yes. Nutsy.

The latest:

Kate: I was promoted at work, though maintain my part time status, so it's pretty perfect. I'm getting ready to start boxing (I did kickboxing and krav maga back in the day) and I am SUPER excited about it. My gym has boxing classes four times  a week and I can't wait to go. Picked up gloves and wraps today. Ready to wail.

Ryan: has been working from home while I'm at work since Beks had her baby. I can see how much more attached to him Rory has become in the last month. Not that she didn't like him before, but I think they will miss each other when he starts working at the office again.

Rory: has many, many new words and phrases. Today she started saying "Scoot your bootie" after I told her to do exactly that. Her categorizing of animals has expanded. Ducks are ducks, cats and squirrels are kitties, and everything else is a puppy. She was SO excited when she identified the squirrel running across the street as a 'kitty.' She is quite dramatic when the situation warrants it, but has exceptional manners (always says thank you, tries to remember please) and listens very well to what her parents tell her to do. And she's really good at throwing things in the trash. Also, at telling the dog "BACK!" And she loves balls. And yesterday she very deliberately blew out the pilot light on the fireplace, so Ryan had to explain to her that it needed to stay lit and that sticking our head in the fireplace is a bad idea.

Tonight Ryan and I are heading to a genKC event to tour the new Kauffman Center and watch a singer, possibly have a cocktail after. Friday night we have a second date night in one week! I don't know what we're doing, Ryan is planning it. This weekend is Pumpkins on Parade, a fun activity for babies who like to be outside (i.e--Rory). We took her last year, too. Hoping Carter's old Tigger costume fits her, she still won't let me try it on her, but has tried to feed it to the dog twice.

No comments: