Thursday, October 20, 2011

Why I Love Boxing

I am so excited that I started boxing again. I forgot how much I love it. And how much of an ass kicker it is. My hands are kind of shaky right now while I try to type because my arms kind of in muscle failure. It's brilliant. I love it.

1. You can't think about anything else. You're trying to keep your body moving when you'd rather lie down, you are trying to remember combos like "upper jab, body jab, body jab, right cross, upper left hook, upper right hook, lower left hook, lower right hook" because the instructor only showed you twice and you don't have time to watch everyone else and figure it out (the combos are too long, the time to do them too short).

2. You burn a LOT of calories. You start by stretching your neck. You end on the floor unable to move. In there is running laps, push ups, sit ups, ab work (and again at the end!) and foot work. Oh, and just hitting the bag. You can easily burn 1000 calorie in an hour, but I think you have to take fewer breaks than I do.

3. You get to hit things. Really hard. Without consequence. Your hands are protected. The bag has no feelings. And if your form is decent, you can get some WHAM behind it. Which is my favorite. My bag moves a lot.

4. Fastest weight loss/toning results ever. Just look at Marky Mark in the Fighter. Movies are like real life, right? Seriously though, between south beach and boxing, I'm down four pounds since Monday.

5. The most delicious sleep ever.

6. I can kick your ass. Seriously though, last time I was kick boxing and doing krav, I got kind of aggressive and obnoxious. But I was 19 and just moved away from home, so...

No comments: