My mom confirmed for me. It is strange. ;) I should probably make a point that Ryan and I don't swear in front of her anymore. 98% of the time.
Today I planted 3 dozen pansies and 3 dozen violas, plus a dozen plants in the pots on our deck, and four that I can't remember in the front yard.
Rory and Ryan got home when I was almost done with the beds in the front yard, so, of course, Rory offered to help (I help?). She patted dirt, counted the flowers, and told me what color they are. We had some left over, and she decided what order we would plant them in, and as I dug, she complimented my mad gardening skills (Good job wif fwowers, Mommy).
After that, we planted seeds in 72 little pods to start seedlings for the raised vegetables boxes. I don't think we'll have room for all the of them, so I may give some away. Rory picked the order we opened seeds packets in, dropped the seeds in the pods, and pushed them in the dirt. We started tomatoes, spinach, corn, black beans, red bells, green bells, and green beans.
After that we went for a walk around the neighborhood. When Rory tripped and landed on her hands and knees in an area with more gravel than grass, she didn't cry at all (I tough!), and she tried to say forsythia, but didn't quite make it (forwawawawa...*giggles*). At one point, she was being so cute, I had to pick her up and give her kisses (Noooo!), which she did not appreciate (Big bum!). We call her a "bum" when she's being a grouch or extra sassy, she'd never used it on me before, and it cracked me up.
We went home and planted the pots. She took the task of sprinkling plant food in the dirt very seriously (I do it! Need more food!).
When we were done, Ryan barbecued chicken out on the grill, and we ate it with pasta salad, watermelon, and strawberries out on the deck. Rory was covered, and reached for me after dinner. I jumped out of her reach and said, "Don't touch me with your sticky hands!" And she got a big, troublemaking grin on her face and said, "I touch you!" and then giggled while she chased me around the deck.
From there, her sticky bum got tossed in the tub, where she colored with her tub crayon and played with bubbles. Then we snuggled and watched TV (Blue's Clues) before bed. When we tucked her in to her blankets she smiled and said, "I take a nap." And we didn't hear another peep from her (pretty standard for bedtime).
Ryan told me that while they were driving back from Colombia today they took turns singing the ABCs. Ryan started questioning her about what was next:
"ABCDEFG...what's next, Rory?"
"H!"
"That's right, good job, Rory!"
So, of course, she did that for him, too.
"ABCDEFGHIJK...what's next, Daddy?"
"L!"
"Good job, Daddy!"
She is such a sweet, easy going, little thing! Ryan and I wonder daily at how we got so lucky to have such a great girl. She's the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment