Ryan and I were discussing some of my school research today, mostly the ambitions of young girls and what may help shape them.
Ryan to Rory: Are you going to be the next Sally Ride?
Rory: Huh? (she actually says "huh?" Mostly when trying to get away with ignoring me.)
Me: Are you going to go up to space and see the stars and walk on the moon? (P.S - I know Sally Ride didn't walk on the moon)
Rory: NO!
Me: What are you going to be when you grow up? (The last time I asked her this she said, "RORY!")
Rory:....um......Imma be a doctor!
Ryan: Whoa!
Me: Really? That's pretty cool. Are you going to be a doctor who helps people or who helps animals?
Rory:........ (I thought she forgot what we were talking about).... people!
1. Going in the baby book.
2. Totally not holding her to it.
3. We got her a doctor kit for Christmas and she asks if she can check our bellies (something that she had done at a doctor office once). We have to call her Dr. Rory when she does it.
3. I guess at 2 and a half it is the profession she is most acquainted with, particularly as we've been to see my ophthalmologist in the last few weeks. But I'm still impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment