Friday, November 29, 2013

My favorite day of the year - Christmas kick-off

We had a nice day, despite the weather's attempt to ruin everything with 50 degree, blue sky nonsense.

We started with brunch at First Watch (our favorite) and then tried out a different Christmas tree farm in Shawnee. We were about to leave and go to our usual place when we stumbled on a really great tree - full, no bald spots, and, my requirement, too big to actually fit in our house.

We got it home and up and straight while we munched snacks and listened to Christmas music. And then we realized we didn't have enough lights for this behemoth, so we trekked to a surprisingly maneuverable Target.

This year, Rory still loves Bing Crosby, particularly Do You Hear What I Hear and Little Drummer Boy.

I'm grateful this will be my last kid, as every part of me blows up like a balloon animal. The same thing happened with Rory - my face swells, and I just feel flipping huge and moon-faced. I really miss having a waist. I'm trying to be in pictures, I think it's important to have pics of me pregnant, particularly during the holidays, but I don't like any of them.









No comments: