Monday, February 10, 2014

Yay for Monday

I had a lovely shower this weekend. Cupcakes and onesies and friends and really good food and mimosas. No Momosa for me, thank you. When the docs okay hydrocodone, champagne seems fine.

I also got FRONT ROW BEN FOLDS TICKETS for June! And a possible sitter! So June is my weight/fitness goal, with the awareness that I will not have Beyoncé results (and I HATE that my autocorrect just accented her name for me).

I am finally starting to feel better about my to do list. The shower and getting so many items we need (Moby and first aid kits and bottles on the way!) definitely helped.
  • Ryan moved another batch of toys downstairs for me, so now just about everything is out of the living room.
  • Carrie is coming over in a little bit to help with Rory's room and toy purge.
  • Ryan's mom is taking Rory dresser shopping next weekend so I can pay for it and not have to do it. I'd like a white dresser. Rory wants pink. I don't care that much.
  • Christie is coming over Wednesday and we'll probably do another Rory clothing purge (while she's at school and can't insist on keeping a 2T snow suit). That'll get me ready to just swap clothes over.
  • I got the carpet cleaning scheduled, which gives me a deadline to get the office done.
  • After the new dresser is here, we can get the furniture in our room arranged (Rory's dresser put in) and baby clothes put away. Since I got a free cosleeping crib, I'm not in a huge hurry to get the big crib up yet.
  • I ordered some kits from bum genius to replace old, ratty Velcro on Rory's diapers, and they haven't even shipped yet, but when they get here I will be sewing.
  • I've been ebaying mass quantities of clothes (Rory needs 4T summer stuff *in pink*), I'm starting to feel like the boy won't be cold and naked.
  • I also need to wash and pack the diaper bag (a minor thing). I think it's still in pretty good condition.
  • We need to shop for the midwife's item list (a lot of which I got from friends). We had a lot of fun doing it together for Rory, I hope we can do it just the two of us again.
So yay for friends who help and offer to go to the grocery store so you don't have to hobble and come over and save you.

Today is doctor appointment (Group B Strep test, cervix check, hurrah) and chiropractor (which is going to be a treat, since I've been limping for a week). Thursday I finally see the ortho about my foot. My toe is seriously crooked, and I'm not happy about it. At least it's also numb all the time.

This week Rory has dance class, and a dance class snow day make up. She's also going to make Ryan a birthday present, pick out valentine's for school (I'm not motivated to make them this year), and we're going to make Ryan a valentine treat. She had a fun four days at her grandparents (which she alerted them to, "Grandpa, I'm staying for FOUR days. That's a VERY long time.") She did come home Saturday, when Diana came to the shower and Lee wanted to play board games with Ryan, but let them know on the way over "And don't forget, I'm going back to Columbia, Missouri with you. Because I'm staying for FOUR days".

Andrew's hiccups increased considerably, and it's nice to know his lungs are getting a workout. He's rapidly running out of room, and his movement is mostly small rolls and squirms with the occasional startling kick. Supposedly the heartburn is supposed to peter out after he drops, but that hasn't really been the case. I think he's going to be another dark-haired fuzzy kid.


No, really, my face is huge right now. As is the rest of me.

No comments: