Ryan and I arranged for Rory to spend time with her grandparents during these first days, not knowing what we'd be dealing with.
I reread some old blog posts about Rory's early days, and I can understand why we did. Ryan has a better memory than I do of those days, and he had his expectations set pretty low.
The thing that jumped out at me from those old posts was how normal we thought five hours of screaming a day was. That poor kid and her poor head. She was so uncomfortable and hungry.
This guy has had one day where he might have hit four hours, and it was when he was trying to get meconium out. Other than that, he cries, but settles very quickly. He's even gotten to where most diaper changes don't bother him. So Rory being home was really not stressful, and when she's off with the inlaws it's vacation like.
I think his vision might have come a little more in focus, he seems to look more intently at things. My cousin sent him some cool cards to look at, they are black and white so babies can see them. And he locked on to them as soon as I popped them out. She also sent a rattle and Rory some much loved stamps (Thanks, Sarah!).
Rory is back to her grandparents tonight. Tomorrow Andrew has newborn pics.
I am recovering well. This time the SPD pain is more significant - my pelvis isn't snapping back as quickly, and by the end of the day it really hurts. I found some exercises (not like real ones, more like stretches) to do to help it out.
We had our first outing to the store yesterday, and nobody could believe I'd had a baby 5 days previously. I certainly look post partum (my face is still a little large), but I think it's less of an emotional upheaval for me having a baby at home. I can imagine how exhausted and stressed I would be just from all the social contact at a hospital during such an intimate time.
Ryan's been wanting to watch Gravity forever, so we finally watched it tonight (Yay 3D TV!). WAY too intense for me. Super well done, gorgeous visuals, I was a ball of nerves from start to finish. Also, the main character's daughter is described as a four year old with brown hair and red shoes, which was too much for me. But Ryan thought it was awesome. :)
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment