It was Ryan's first day back in the office. Andrew has thrush, and he is miserable and comfort nursing as well as growing and cluster feeding. He is always on my boob. I didn't sleep longer than 90 minutes last night, and was up till 4 am with him. I was exhausted today.
The other fun thing about thrush? He's given it to me, in both breasts. So nursing feels like he's pulling needles out instead of milk. Really painful, but really necessary. And pumping doesn't change it. We're heading to the doctor about it tomorrow, as well as the swelling between his upper lip and nose. It's so bad the philtrum (dent) has pretty much disappeared since yesterday. And I can't find ANYTHING on the interwebs.
And he is a high attachment baby right now, so I didn't get a chance to put him down. I had to wear him (and it was hot) and if I tried to put him down he screamed. I did not get my list done. I did not start working out. I did not nap.
I picked up Rory (somehow) and then she went outside to play with the neighbor kids. The tiny person miraculously slept in his swing. I managed to make dinner.
By the time Ryan came home, I was an exhausted, borderline weepy, wore-the-smack out mess. Disappointed with myself for failing at all of my things. At the end of my patience with child screaming, etc.
And then Rory had to come in for dinner. And then she had to put away her laundry. And the drama began: I CAN'T FOLD MY OWN LAUNDRY! *wail* *collapse*.
The good news is, once we got the less dramatic of the two to sleep and the big one in the tub, Ryan and I were okay and chasing each other around the living room before he kicked me out to go get alone time and try to chill out. We have our stuff, but we do work very well together. We're good at taking on the problem and not each other. Such a relief.
So I am heading to bed and to watch a TV show until Mr. Andrewson (as I refer to him) wakes up and realizes I am more than 6 inches away from him.
![]() |
| With mommy |
![]() |
| Not suctioned to mommy |


No comments:
Post a Comment