Sunday, April 6, 2014

Holy cow. It's been like a week since I blogged. I think I actually got busy being a parent again.

Young Master Walz is recovering from thrush, and he's back to being a sunny, sweet, good little sleeper who screams like an abandoned baby chimp if you dare try to put him down before he's been asleep for at least 30 minutes.

But then he'll sleep anywhere.

He has a while before we worry about breaking that habit, although it is a colossal pain in the ass when you also have a four year old. When Rory went through it, it was no big deal because there wasn't somebody else who needed to be fed and bathed before bedtime because of school tomorrow.

But he is currently happily crapping his pants and smiling about it. And Rory is singing in the tub. So everyone's made it so far.

I am heading downstairs to use the elliptical until my hips yell at me to stop. The weight loss is slowing way down, so it's time to light a little fire for it.

Ryan and I looked at houses this weekend. We drove by a few neighborhoods, talked about locations, stumbled into a model home (too small for the money, and, oh, the sales guy was asleep on the floor of the master bedroom), and started to actually have a conversation about what we want. I want a house on a lake in a good school district, that's not too big and fancy (less to clean). I love my mom's cousin's place in Mass that's on a lake, and I think it would be amazing to have kids boating and swimming, etc.

We found one, it's actually across the street from the lake, instead of right on it, but it's across from the access path, so easy to walk down to dock. I kind of like that with young kids. But it's a VERY crowded, very old neighborhood, and I'm not sure how I love how crowded it is. We might go back and look again. Who knows. We're just figuring out options right now.

Wearing mom's new shoes (I bought wedges! I usually hate wedges!)

Handsome little fella

Still bigger than him. We discuss it every day. Yes, she still is.

Someone got a neck pillow from Grandma D.

The family scowl.

Sleepy grins.

No comments: