We are ready for summer. I hope.
We have a pool pass, a zoo pass, a museum pass, and a weekly story time to attend. Rory is getting her very own library card tomorrow, too.
It's nice having Rory at school in the mornings. At first, I felt kind of lazy - Two kids! Ha! I'll make one go to school year round! - but I think it's actually necessary for Andrew. He gets uninterrupted Momma time, and then he has to cope with being the second born after she gets home.
Because it's true. I was reading old blogs about folding laundry with Rory in the exersaucer and driving across town so she could sleep through her teething. Not for Andrew. He can sleep when we drive to pick Sis up, and sit outside in the exersaucer while we all eat dinner on the deck. He does enjoy being carried around on top of the laundry in the basket.
Poor second child, in a family of first born. I don't know what we'll do if he's a lefty. Last born lefties are trouble.
So far we are on a good schedule. Ryan takes Rory to school. Andrew and I snuggle and he eats and eats and eats. We chat. I start on laundry and a few things. We go pick up Rory. Rory eats lunch, does a couple chores, and then gets to choose where she wants to go: pool, zoo, museum, or library. Today, not wanting to do chores quickly, she picked nothing. And she took her time with her chores. And it didn't matter.
Currently, my main source of anxiety is our house. The roof and gutters are being replaced, but we have a lot of branches on the roof, and a broken one leaning on the house. I got a tree guy out here to price it, but now he won't get back to me about when he can do it. So I have to find a new tree guy. Also, our deck needs work, scheduled for Father's Day weekend. And I got almost all the wallpaper down in our main bathroom. Ryan is going to mud it for me, and then I paint! Hopefully before Father's Day.
Andrew is getting bigger and ready to transition to his own room. The office is going to move down to the basement, I think my books will go in the guest room. But lots of stuff in the basement needs to get tossed to make room. And then we need to replace the floor and take down the wallpaper and repaint the office to make it baby friendly. And ready to sell/rent.
Because ultimately, the house needs to be ready for one of those things so we can move by fall 2016. Which seems far off, but isn't. And I'd like to move by fall 2015, because that will save us a year of private school tuition. The whole thing makes me incredibly anxious. I'm terrified of being trapped in a crappy school district. Seriously, the worst one in the KC area. Rory just can't go there.
No comments:
Post a Comment