Monday, July 10, 2017


  • The kids and I had a nice night at home. We read books in Andrew's bed.
  • Andrew pulls every trick he can think of with me when it's bed time. Ryan's not here (out with a friend), so he's going full bananas - whining, begging for extra lights on, 
  • Aurora is singing to him through the air vent that separates their rooms to make him feel better, which he loves. They are the biggest sweeties. 
  • In the new house, their rooms are separated by their walk-in closets. I'm tempted to put a secret door in to connect them.
  • Right now, Andrew is saying, "Wiw you sing Twinkew Twinkew Wittew Stah, Ah-wohwa?"
  • She is, of course.
  • I love the way he says her name. It used to be "Aura" but now it's Ah-wowha. Rs and Ls are hard.
  • She is so sweet to him, and he adores her. They're the best. 
  • I'm exhausted.
  • I turn 35 in August, and my annual doc visits are longer and cover more things. So, that was my day. 
  • My Lasik went well. I had extremely dry eyes last last week, but they plugged my tear ducts with tiny blue splinters and it was better instantly. Technology is amazing. Lens free for the first time in 28 years.
  • I am supposed to be working on my resume, there's a position at work several people want me to transition to. But I am so, so tired. 
  • Andrew is singing Old MacDonald now. Oinks are his favorite. And Aurora is singing Bingo to him. 
  • I kind of want to work on house decorating, but again - tired.
  • Yesterday I made a spreadsheet full of room measurements and itemized lists. It's glorious. The guest room will be pale blue and taupe with Rifle Paper Company peonies wallpaper on one wall.
  • Tonight was a carpet sales guy. We're replacing the stair, dining and living room carpets to sell or rent by the end of the year. 
  • Tomorrow morning is another one. The first guy was a super nice kid, I hate to disappoint him. 
  • Wednesday I leave for Monterey for the rest of the week. Just me and one of my favorite sales guys at work. He usually travels with his boyfriend, but I don't think he's coming. We already have an after party and a happy hour lined up. It's going to be so fun.
  • The kitties are doing well. Violet is hilarious when we see her. Little fluff ball. 












Hello from what I think is the dining room...

No comments: