This pregnancy has been really, really great. Minimal hormonal issues, nausea, heartburn. No stretch marks. Not a lot of weight gain. But now I'm hitting the part where my abdomen is becoming unwieldy and motion is hindered. And that is really, really annoying. I actually enjoy getting up and down unassisted, turning over in bed without Ryan propping up an arm for me to pull on. I like being able to tie my shoes in whatever position I please, not having to contort and wiggle to get my feet where I can reach them.
Honestly, I'm pretty lucky. I'm in the 8th month and I'm just starting to get uncomfortable. And I have a sweet, sensitive husband who refuses to agree with me that I look like an olive or a tire every time I wear black. Although he did agree that I look like a polar bear in my fuzzy white bathrobe (but only because polar bears are cute).
The real issue I'm having with discomfort is my left hip--from the inside of my thigh around and up and down the lower left side of my back is sore and stiff and miserable. I rotated my tail bone during all my traveling, which my wonderful chiropractor is trying to get back into place for me. The other thing contributing, I think, is that Flutterbug, though moving all over, likes to sleep on the left side with her head down, her butt sticking out on my left side under my ribs, and her feet on the right. It's her favorite. But I think she's bouncing her head off my left hip bone, causing the problem.
And, ow, I don't enjoy the old lady feeling I get from this hip. Not one bit. Today Ryan and I are going in for massages (I found an amazing deal on groupon.com a few days ago), and I'm going to try to go see the chiropractor again next week before we drive to OK. Kind of weird, this could be my last trip to OK! And I'm really very okay with that.
3 comments:
Like LAST last trip to OK, or last trip to OK without toting a baby in your arms last trip?
Hope your hip starts feeling better soon. Glad you've had pretty smooth sailing so far!
Last trip to OK ever. Mom is moving back east. Research on the hip says I'm just going to have to deal, its from my pelvic ring starting to expand for the birth.
Love you!
Post a Comment