Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ok, so...

First week of work down, and I feel really great about where I am!

Last night I went out with a coworker to a young professionals meet up at the Nelson Atkins. Got a sneak peek of the three reunited pieces of Monet's Lillies, which was stunning (even as a nonMonet fan).  Then we went to Blanc for sour beer and a delicious lentil burger (omgoodness, sooo good). I got roped into going to the 10:30 showing of Cabaret at the KC Rep, and finally landed in bed at 2:30 or so. Fun fun fun.

Ryan and Rory got back from Columbia today, and we made seitan wings and steamed snap peas, which we ate outside on the new patio furniture with mint juleps (the Walz family recipe. It's really more minty tom collins than it is traditional mint julep). Rory walked around the deck and sang to us and collected sticks.

That baby was SUPER excited to see her momma. Ryan was holding her when they came in and she started shaking and breathing fast, and her eyes got huge and her mouth really tiny. That was nice for me. Always nice to be missed.

Tomorrow we may do yardwork. But we may not. We'll see. Monday marks the start of our new babysitting schedule. We'll see how Rory does. We're looking at preschools for when Bekah has her baby. I'm hoping we can find another option, be it gracious and inexpensive friends or family, simply because I feel like a year and a half is too young no matter how good the preschool. But I'd like to have my back ups ready. I plan on being part time as long as possible, so, we'll see. Some of my coworkers have already said they will help me get to a position of being utterly needed,  so as the company will be unable to let me go. ;) I work with good people.

No comments: