Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things are good.

Getting busy! Rory is slowly adjusting to the new schedule. Today would have been better at Carrie's if the Jehovah's Witnesses hadn't shown up and freaked out Rory. I think Rory thought they were going to take her. The only person who comes to Carrie's door is usually Mommy.

Work is great, overwhelming. I'm learning a lot and fast but it's so much and so fast I feel like I'm missing lots of things and forgetting lots of things. My boss is a true kindred spirit, I've never hit it off with someone so well so fast. And she has already identified my penchant for work, so once I leave the office she sets any emails she sends to me to arrive at 9 the next morning. Otherwise I check work email on my phone. She also presents frustration THE EXACT same way as me, so it makes my life a lot easier. And she's my age, so it is super great!

This weekend we're going out with Jess (boss) to do karaoke and swing dancing, so Ryan will meet her. I'm really looking forward to it. Ryan and I need a night on the town.

I am trying to get in better shape for our trip to Mexico. I have plenty of time, I just need to focus and plan my attack. The last few months have seen us slipping on a few key areas in our life, and this weekend we plan to address and get back on track. We're still doing the vegan thing, but with me working it's gone the way of the super starchy. Planning meals again is going back to being a priority.

But, I am happy. I love working and I love being at home doing things and I really feel like I have everything I want right now. I'm trying to just enjoy this time. Ryan is an amazing partner, he's taking on a lot with Rory care while I'm not home, and doing more housework and cooking. I hope to take some more of that responsibility back from him (not all, he insists) once things are a little more balanced out. I am just grateful. Not everyone goes back to work and A) doesn't have to utilize daycare and B) has 4 back ups in place should child care need to be arranged. I am incredibly fortunate.

Quinoa McBabyPants

No comments: