We had a lovely Christmas. Rory got two sets of Goldieblox from Ryan, and LOVES them, as well as a new dance bag from me, and a digital camera that projects on the wall from Santa (who she could not BELIEVE also has wrapping paper!). Ryan got a 47" 3D television which is finally, possibly, calibrated to his liking. I got a swarovski necklace, bracelet and earring set, and a special edition of Mark Z. Danielewski's The 50 Year Sword (that's 3 versions. I still think people who collect Salinger are nuts). And something that had a shipping problem and hasn't arrived.
My mom was here and she and Rory got reacquainted and had a very good time. She learned some wisdom, which she shared with her Grandma Diana: "I know EVERYTHING. But you're too old to know everything, you forgot it all. My Grandma Paige told me that." Which is like what Mom said, but different.
Mom also endured an absurd amount of food. Cooking is kind of a holiday tradition around here, I just failed to scale it to the actual number of people in the house. When we went to Columbia to see Ryan's parents, we brought a LOT of leftovers.
Rory was furthered spoiled with a new baby doll (redressed in boy clothes) who she promptly named Charlie and gave a bottle to. She also got a Leap Pad 2 from Ryan's parents, which I began to love when Ryan and I had a multiple uninterrupted conversations on the drive home.
![]() |
| Our new stockings, purchased on etsy with a matching tree skirt. Rory has since rearranged them, since she and Mommy have to be away from the boys. |




No comments:
Post a Comment