Friday, January 3, 2014

Rory learns about babies.

Howdy howdy.

Rory and I watched a couple of baby/birth videos tonight, so she could get an idea of what to expect. The first was called Birth Day, a couple who lives in Mexico has a home water birth. I liked it to usher her into this because it shows everything, but the mom is not screaming and wigging out - it's breathing and moaning and walking and very close to my own experience with her (although this mom didn't vomit constantly, or didn't feel the need to film it.

We talked about the baby and how it looked and how it acted, and that the momma was acting kind of weird, but she was okay. This mom's other two kids got in the water after the baby came (can I get an "ew"?) and I told Rory she doesn't need to do that, I'll get out and snuggle with her on the bed. And then I said, "Do you have any questions about anything?" And she said, "What can I eat on the couch?" Regardless, the kid doesn't miss a trick, so I imagine a lot more stuck than she's giving away.

She wanted to watch another movie, so we watched The First Hour, or something, all about what the baby does in the first hour, from baby-led nursing to sleeping, etc. She liked seeing what the babies did, although she was alarmed at how pink they were. So we looked at pictures from her birth and how pink she was. And I said, "Do you have any questions?" And she said, "What shirt is Daddy wearing in this picture?" Good talk.





No comments: