Monday, July 21, 2014

Books Books Books

Stolen from my cousin.
1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I have three favorite spots. My chair next to the fireplace with two big sunny windows next to it, my chair in the guest room next to my bookcases with my feet on the bed, and in bed.
 
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?I
Random paper or memorized page number
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages? 
I read until my eyes cannot go on.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading? 
Bread with butter on it, leftover habit from my childhood, or hot drinks.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading? 
No. I'm trying to read.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
One
7. Reading at home or everywhere? 
Books at home, Kindle in the purse everywhere else. God forbid I get bored for five minutes.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? 
Silently. Out loud is for children learning.
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages? 
No. I have a sacred arrangement with the book.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new? 
Why would you injure a book? That's why there are book marks. Unless it's a paperback, then who cares.
11. Do you write in your books?
No. That's desecration.
12. What are you currently reading?
I just finished Horns by Joe Hill and I'm getting ready to start White Teeth by Zadie Smith. I'm also going through I Always Want to Be Where I'm Not on my Kindle.

No comments: