Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rory starts Pre-K

Today is Rory's first day of school! Finally!

I got no sleep last night, so Andrew and I came home and sort of napped. He was squealy and silly.

Yesterday we stopped at the school to see her classroom. We located her new coat hook, her cubby, etc. She spent all summer telling me she was in kindergarten, and I spent all summer telling her that if that were the case I would know about it. In fact, she is in Pre-K, but she is in the class mixed in with kindergarteners.

We had a delightful swing by the DMV for car tags, and that night she had hip hop for the first time. I peeked in the window to check on her and she was in the middle of a circle of girls and they were all imitating her moves. So I'm sure she will love it.

I had the WORST RUN EVER two days ago. My GPS and everything went out on my tracker. Nothing worked no matter what I rebooted. I got lost, ended up going 7 miles (mostly walking, because...), I pulled a tendon or hamstring or something, I ate MULTIPLE bugs, including one so big it made me choke, which I never fully recovered from. I had two limp the last 2.5 miles to my car once I figured out where I was, in the dark, which I don't like. I was VERY cranky when I got home.

First day of school. She took extra care eating breakfast this morning.

Be warned. He is a ridiculous flirt. Ridiculous.

And he cracks himself up.
 


Making paper airplanes.

Playful cubs

She sleeps like a contortionist.

My new popsicle dress

They super love each other.

Part of where I run.

Another part.

I love her smile.

Birthday earrings from Christie

His old man drool face.

She looks 25 in this picture. Unacceptable.

No comments: