We're gearing up for fall 2016. Holy cow.
We've solved our school problem by starting a home school co-op with some friends. I'll be teaching Public Speaking at UCM on MWF. Tuesday and Thursday I will teach two six year olds English, Geography, History, Cooking, Yoga, and French. Rory will go to their house the other three days, when her friend's mom, dad, and grandma will all have a day. They will cover math, science, making/engineering, art, culture, programming, hiking, and climbing. It should be a very comprehensive year.
Rory is also taking piano, ballet, and doing girl scouts. We are trying to find a drama program for her. Andrew will be at on campus preschool MWF, and do gymnastics and library story time once a week (while the girls hit the library for research).
I will be essentially teaching full time, and running kids around, and somehow trying to get in yoga classes to finish my training.
We are still trying to figure out a house plan, and I finally just designed it on graph paper and sent it in. I think he'll need to add space (my halls are awfully narrow), but my design was under budget, so hopefully we'll still be in good shape.
 |
| Rory doing Melissa's hair. |
 |
| I don't know what happened to my face. My Saturday morning brunch crew. |
 |
| Snapchat filter to make us look cuter. Or weird. |
 |
| I will miss this house because of scenes like this. |
 |
| Box throne. |
 |
| Rory has been doing a great job of saving her allowance. She budgeted her money to buy a birthday gift for a friend, came in under budget so got a cool card, and was still under budget, so bought herself a soda. |
 |
| Vacation pool time. |
 |
| Andrew at every plane at the Smithsonian. |
 |
| An actual summer vacation family portrait. |
 |
| My, every morning. |
 |
| Aunty Caitlin and Andrew |
 |
| Playground time |
 |
| My grandma gave me this heirloom storage chest while I had room in my car to bring it home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment